Saturday, January 5, 2013

GOOOOOAALLLLLs


First, I was way too happy when I thought of the name of this post. Stupid happy. I'm still smiling about it. 

Ladies...
Now that I've got your attention, it's time for big news. Usually I make New Years resolutions, and that's all well and good but I get super bored about five or six days in. I think my record is four weeks. So what should I do? I think I've come up with an awesome solution this year.

I still have my own personal goals that we all make (be a better person, wrestle an alligator, eat said alligator, etc..) but this year I have made deals with a couple of individuals to exchange goals. We've exchange 12 goals each, three major and nine minor to be completed by the end of the year. This way, I'm not accountable to just myself but to my friends, who will in fact mock me relentlessly if I fail.... Or maybe encourage me or something. 

I'll be keeping everyone up to date on how I'm doing, as well as posting weekly now due to one of my given goals. I've got 12 so far, I should have another 12 in the coming week, and I may deal with one more person. So by years end I'll have completed 24-36 goals. Here's the 12 I have so far:


  1. 1. Blog once a week for three months.
  2. Learn to swim
  3. Create a geo-scavenger hunt.
  4. Create an original superhero.
  5. Write a short story about said hero.
  6. Create an original recipe that must include bacon.
  7. Run a 5k.
  8. Watch every Bond film (All 23).
  9. Learn a hobby of my choosing.
  10. Eat somewhere from "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives"
  11. Go on a road trip.
  12. Ride a Batman themed ride.

I'll post the next 12 when I get them, but so far I've got a pretty full plate. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated, and let's hope I don't fail miserably

1 comment:

  1. Mmm. Dat calf...

    Also, blogging once a week for 3 months! Yes! Maybe we'll see the rest of that Gentleman's Guide after all. ;)

    ReplyDelete